This double sided peshtemal is inspired by the distinctive geometric patterns of traditional “kilim” rugs. Kilim is a Turkish flat-woven rug, its distinctly smooth texture and bold designs deeply rooted in Anatolian and Mesopotamian culture.
Our "Boho Kilim" peshtemal is a contemporary interpretation of these precious kilim rugs, including bold geometric patterns in soft neutral tones of light grey. The Kilim peshtemal combines traditionally bold oriental designs with the minimalist scandi aesthetic and a pinch of boho vibes.
“Boho Kilim” is crafted from a double sided cotton Jacquard Fabric - a highly textured fabric with patterns that are woven, rather than printed. The intricate jacquard weave also means that the design is reversible. The towel can be flipped to reveal a second colour and pattern, making it the perfect beach accessory or focal point in home decor.
Origin: Buldan, Turkey
Material: 100% Turkish Cotton
Size: 35 x 67" (90 x 170cm)
Weight: 0.66s lbs (300 grams)
Some variance in colour, pattern and fringes is normal due to the manual production process and makes each towel truly unique.
- Highly versatile, use as a bath or beach towel, a sarong, wrap or pareo, throw, etc.
- Lightweight & compact - takes up less than half the space than terrycloth towels when folded
- Soft and durable - flat woven texture
- Highly functional - absorbs water quickly and efficiently
- Quick to dry (up to 3x faster than terrycloth towels) and more hygienic, preventing bacteria growth, mould and the typical terrycloth “wet towel smell”
- Ethically made - crafted in small family-owned mills, supporting the local craft of Buldan
- Sustainable, made from pure 100% Turkish cotton